Blackburn vs Man United Live: Manager Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United will look to overcome a packed fixture list to take on Championship strugglers Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park this Sunday.
The game represents the renovation of one of English football’s old competitiveness, as both sides who fought for Premier League dominion in the mid 90’s battle for a place in the 6th round.
At 4:15 pm.
On Sunday 19 February 2017.
Ewood Park Stadium in Blackburn, England.
On BT Sport 2
What is the latest Blackburn news?
Striker Sam Gallagher (21) could miss out after suffering a deep wound in the knee that required stitches against Sheffield Wednesday this Tuesday.
Who is definitely out for Blackburn?
Midfielder Hope Akpan (25), who received a late red card for ‘excessive protest’ in the same game, will miss out through a suspension.
What is the latest Manchester United news?
For the Europa League round of 32 ties against Saint Etienne, manager Jose Mourinho has chosen to rest Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick and Phil Jones. This Sunday, they could all come back into the fold.
Who is definitely out for Manchester United?
No definites for Manchester United, but defensive midfielder Jones is returning from a knock.
Blackburn – LDWLW
Manchester United – WWDWL
Blackburn vs Manchester United- Facts
- In 2012, the teams met at Ewood Park for the last time. Manchester United ran out 2-0 winners. Right winger Antonio Valencia and winger Ashley Young scored.
- Since Sir Alex Ferguson retired, This is the first time Blackburn are taking on Manchester United
- Blackburn became the first club to win the Premier League other than Manchester United, stopping Fergie’s men from winning a 5th straight league title in 1995.
- This will be the 57th successive Manchester United FA Cup game to have shown on live TV
- Manchester United’s record league defeat was come at the hands of Blackburn. In April 1926, A 7-0 loss.
Manchester United Manager Jose Mourinho called it himself. The games are coming thick and fast. A tired Manchester United will slip to a shock 1-0 defeat.